How to get more vitamin B12 through plant foods. I Aim to eat a serving of fortified cereal 3 x per week at least or daily. Here is a list of high B12 cereals that are vegan.IronTry to eat high iron foods with high vitamin C foods to help with absorption. Here are a few ideas:
- fortified breakfast cereal (see above) sprinkled with chopped nuts and fresh blueberries or banana
- lentil and sweet potato soup
- hummus with carrot and celery sticks
- tortilla wraps stuffed with refried beans, red pepper and sesame seeds
- a snack of satsumas (cuties) eaten with a handful of nuts
- a stir fry of colorful veggies (try yellow pepper, spring greens and asparagus) and cashew nuts sprinkled with sesame seeds
- a rich chickpea and tomato sauce served with brown rice
- whole wheat toast spread with peanut butter and topped with apple slices
- baked potato with beans served with a glass of orange juice.Avoid coffee or tea. Caffeine and tannins can inhibit the body’s absorption of iron so it’s best to avoid drinking tea, coffee or soda at meal times. Stick to fruit juice or water instead.Here is a link to the highest iron fruits and vegetables:
Accountability Plus Package
Listen to Catherine Kruppa on Houston Matters Houston Public Media News 88.7 FM. January 22, 2015
Houston Matters – January 22, 2015
Houston Matters – November 30, 2015 Is it Even Possible to Eat Healthy During the Holidays?
- Reduce portions- eat 3 bites less at lunch and dinner than you normally would for 365 days. You will lose 20 lbs.
- Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water or hydrating beverages.
- Increase your fruits and veggies to a minimum of 5 total per day and strive for 7-10.