Fast and Easy Meal Preparation
- Plan your meals ahead of time
- Go to the store once per week with your plan. Come home and prep your food.
- Cut/chop/dice your produce and put it in containers. By it pre-cut or frozen to save time.
- Prep vegetables or salad in bulk quantities.
- Use rotisserie chicken for multiple meals.
- Grill a lot of chicken for the week.
- Make double helpings so you have leftovers that you can eat the next day or to freeze.
- Soups are one of my favorite foods to freeze. You can also freeze grilled meats. Healthy casseroles also freeze well.
One Simple Change can have a Big Impact on Your Health
- Reduce portions- eat 3 bites less at lunch and dinner than you normally would for 365 days. You will lose 20 lbs.
- Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water or hydrating beverages.
- Increase your fruits and veggies to a minimum of 5 total per day and strive for 7-10.
Healthy Meals and Snack for Kids to Help with this Summer